Monday, October 3, 2011

Where Did You See God Today? Take 2

Today I saw God all over the place.  This morning I was stressed out because I wanted to attend the funeral for the mother of some very dear friends.  There were a couple of problems.  The funeral is in Boston and I have Jury Duty, in Atlanta, tomorrow. 

But God told me not to sweat it, that He would handle it for me.  So when I called (and finally got through...) the lady required no additional information from me and said, "We have deferred your Jury Duty to January 11th."  Wow!  Nothing dealing with the government is ever that easy.

Then I talked with a friend, who lovingly asked me if I was okay....and he was genuinely concerned.  In that moment I felt such a rush of God's love, I wanted to cry.

I saw God at the grocery store.  He came in the form of a gentleman about 30 years of age who, with great patience, was helping an older man with disabilities pick out his groceries.  I could have followed them all day and watched the tenderness between the two men.

Around noon time a gentleman came to do some work on our home.  I saw God as he talked about his children and how amazing they were to him and how much he loved spending time with them.  I thanked God for opening the doors for that conversation.

I even saw God at my favorite place today, Starbucks.  He came in the form of a lady who wants to mentor me in a new job endeavor.  He listened quietly, actually caring what I was saying.  He asked all the right questions and gave all the right answers.

Tonight I saw God in my daughter as she lovingly helped me pack for my trip to Boston.  I stuff everything in the suitcase and pray it fits.  She lovingly folds everything and places it neatly, so nothing gets wrinkled.  Unlike me, she was aware of every little detail.  God is the same way in our lives.

When I began this blog asking, "Where Did You See God Today?", I sent a request for other people to share their stories.  Less than 10 people took the time. 

At first I was frustrated and maybe even a little angry.  Now I am simply enjoying the journey.  Whether or not people join me on the road isn't important.  What is important?  That every day God shows Himself to me in a new and miraculous way. 

My prayer for you is that you will take the time to see Him in your world.  If you want to share your stories please click on this link.

http://www.surveyonics.com/surveyflow/Where-Did-You-See-God-Today/9929

Thank you for showing up so many times today God.  See you tomorrow!

Love,
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment